- 13-14 cups of water
- 1 cup Organic Sugar
- 6-8 Teabags (Organic Green, Black or White)
- Kombucha Starter Culture ~ SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast)
- 2 Cups starter liquid (from another Kombucha tea)
- Brewing glass jar
- cloth cover
- rubber band
2. Turn water off , add tea bags ~ let steep for 10-20 minutes
3. Stir in 1 cup organic Sugar
4. Let tea cool completely
5. After it cools, pour in brewing jar
6. Pour in starter liquid and SCOBY
7. Cover with cloth and secure with rubber band
8. Set in a dark place out of sunlight
9. Keep undisturbed for 7 days
After 7 days try your kombucha with a straw or spoon. If it tastes too bitter than it has brewed too long. If it is too sweet put cloth and rubberband back on and let sit for a few more days trying it every so often until it tastes to your liking.
Drink as desired. Put it in fridge right away or fill up smaller bottles almost to the top and store for second fermentation for more carbonation.
* If your Kombucha is too bitter, don't throw it away! Use it for salad dressing in replacement or addition to vinegar.
Benefits of Kombucha
- Kombucha has been brewed and enjoyed for over 2000 years all over the world. Many cultures have studied this amazing concoction and applied it to their health regiments, from Russia to China, and early Europe . During it's brewing, it naturally carbonates and creates a refreshing and fizzy healthy drink! It also has some of these great health benefits:
- Good Probiotics by the billions
- Help to Re-Alkalize the body
- Helps in the detoxification of the liver
- Increase metabolism
- Improved digestion
- Relieves constipation
- Energy Booster
- Reducing the size kidney stones
- High in antioxidants
- Can be applied topically to soften the skin from Excema and other skin disorders
- Speeds up thr healing of ulcers (kills h.pylori on contact)
- Help clear up candida & yeast infections
- Aid healthy cell regeneration
- Lower glucose levels to prevent spiking after a meal
- However Kombucha is NOT a panacea, meaning it doesn’t actually cure disorders, it simply brings the body back into balance so that it may heal itself naturally. That is the secret to how this beverage is able to do so much, it accompanies your body’s natural immune system.
- Basically, Kombucha is an all round natural healthy beverage full of amazing amino acids, probiotics and essential minerals. Probiotic literally means “for life”. Antibiotics kill ALL of the bacteria in your body, even the good stuff, but probiotics re-establish the natural ecology and order of the intestinal system. Probiotics are believed to boost immunity, mood enhancer, fight allergies, detoxify the body and rid the body of disease. The Kombucha benefits you experience may vary.
**And if you can't find any Kombucha, you can just leave tea and sugar to ferment, it takes a while but a scoby will form at the top.
Healthy Body = Healthy Mind = Healthy Spirit =
HAPPY, HEALTHY LIFE!
XOXO Earthie Mama
To Order a SCOBY today and start making your own Kombucha CLICK HERE