Here are 20 ways that you can help your body detox:
1. Drink more purified water: Water is one of the most vital ways of self-purification. It helps every single cell get rid of waste, and allows us to excrete toxins though our urine and bowels, as well as through our skin by sweating. Drinking water with lemon enhances the purification process, and adds vitamin C to the body.
2. Support your liver and gallbladder with beetroot: Beets are a valuable source of iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium, which all support detoxification and better elimination.
3. Bathe in bentonite clay: It is considered to be an excellent way to remove pesticides and heavy metals from the body.
4. Use activated charcoal: It binds to pesticides and other environmental toxins, and then ushers them through the intestines to be purged from the body. You can also supplement with molasses after using activated charcoal, to replace important minerals that the charcoal might take from the body in the process of ridding toxins.
5. Eat more fiber: Fiber helps us to flush toxins through the digestive system. Fiber is found in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, potatoes, psyllium husk, etc.
6. Eating garlic: Garlic helps to boost detoxification.
7. Milk thistle: This is a great support for the liver. It helps the body to detox, and has been linked to reduction in cancers, diabetes and digestive disorders.
8. Chlorella: Chlorella helps to absorb toxins from the digestive tract and contains vital trace minerals. Chlorella is particularly good at helping the body rid itself of heavy metals.
9. Dandelion: Helps the body to detox, due to its high levels of antioxidants, and helps support liver digestion.
10. Turmeric: This root is full of curcumin, which is used to treat liver disorders, digestive disorders and is great as a detoxing agent. Turmeric is also known for helping with depression.
11. Cilantro: Cilantro has been found to remove heavy metals from the body. It is inexpensive and does the job.
12. Apple cider vinegar: This is the ultimate detox, and is helpful for many ailments. Bathe in it or drink it.
13. Flax Seeds: These seeds provide an excellent source of fiber that helps to bind and flush toxins from the intestinal tract. They also have a high level of Omega 3s for a healthy brain.
14. Pumpkin Seeds: These seeds are not only good for you, but also kill parasites.
15. Exercise: Exercise is vital for keeping impurities out of the body.
16. Steam room or sauna: Sweat out toxins through the skin.
17. Deep breathing: Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
18. Walking barefoot in nature: Your body can obtain an adequate supply of electrons from walking barefoot on the Earth. Earthing helps the immune system function properly, and helps create balance within.
19. Skin Brushing: The skin is the largest organ in the body, and is responsible for 10–15 percent of the body's elimination. Skin brushing eliminates dead cells, and lets the body regenerate new cells. It helps stimulate blood circulation and the lymphatic system.
20. Sleep: Getting plenty of sleep sleeping encourages the body to go into a state of cleansing and regeneration.