1. Cooking: Coconut oil is the best oil to use in cooking. It has a high smoking point which makes it less toxic than other oils when heated to a high temperature. It can be used to make stir fries or baking. I use it in everything that calls for oil.
2. Skin lotion: I use coconut oil as a face and body moisturizer. Helps with cracked heals and dry skin.
3. Suncreen: Coconut oil has a natural SPF of 4. Here is a recipe for sunscreen with coconut oil.
4. Yeast Infections: When you put on topically it helps to kill yeast.
5. Massage Oil: A soothing oil that penetrates into your muscles while leaving your skin soft.
6. Cold and Flu: Rub coconut oil inside your nose when you have a cold, allergies or irritated nose. Swallow a Tablespoon with honey to soothe a sore throat.
7. Chapped Lips: Rubbed on your lips as a natural chapstick.
8. Deep Hair Moisturizer: Rub into hair, cover with a shower cap and leave on for hours.
9. Smoothies: Add a Tablespoon to smoothies for energy and brain booster.
10. Mouth Care: Brush your teeth with a bit of coconut oil and baking soda for sparkling white teeth. Use for Oil Pulling. Oil Pulling cleans and detoxifies teeth and gums by removing harmful bacteria. Swish a bit of coconut oil gently in your mouth for about 15 minutes. Spit. Then brush your teeth.
Cheers to your health!
(Aka Earthie Mama)