It is Pomegranate season where I live! I walk down the streets and the trees are full of Pomegranates. I get so excited when I see the fruits ready to be picked because I know how packed with nutrients they are and I can't wait to sink my teeth into the little seeds. My children and I love sitting under a tree while we peel open a pomegranate as red liquid stains our hands. It is pure bliss to me. The Pomegranate is a fruit that is considered a superfood because of its powerful benefits. Here are some of the many benefits of this incredible fruit!
1. Pomegranates are one of the best cancer fighting fruits because they are full of antioxidants. They contribute to the prevention of breast cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer.
2. Pomegranates are great for dental hygiene. They have high antibacterial effects. Pomegranates have been found to be a very good mouthwash, ridding the mouth of plaque, the bacteria that causes cavities.
3. The rind of the fruit and the bark of the tree are used as a remedy against diarrhea and intestinal parasites.
4. Pomegranates can be used as eye drops and are believed to block cataracts.
5. They regulate cholesterol
6. They can help with arthritis. Pomegranates have anti-inflammatory effects.
7. Pomegranates are a good source of fiber.
8. Pomegranates protect your skin because they are full of antioxidants. They help limit damage from UV rays. They protect your skin from aging. They help repair scrapes and cuts.
9. They can help with Weight Loss. They are very low in calories.
10. Pomegranates help keep the immune system strong. They are high in Vitamin C and K.
*To cut pomegranate with the least amount of mess. Cut pomegranate into chunks and place in a bowl of water. Break seeds free.
Here is a yummy recipe for a perfect salad for the Autumn Season.
Do you need to Detox?