Why Placenta Pills?
– Mood Instability
– Lack of concentration
– Feelings of dependency
Today, approximately 80% of women experience some level of postpartum depression/mood disorder. Using the placenta for its medicinal properties during the postpartum period is a natural & healthier way you can help avoid these symptoms and the costly treatments that usually accompany them, such as medications and counseling.
How To Encapsulate a Placenta
- Cutting Board
- Capsules 150-250
- Food processor or coffee grinder
- The Placenta should be put on ice or in a refrigerator soon after birth. Before working with the placenta, make sure work area is clean and sanitary using all natural products. You will want to have your work area covered and many towels near by. When you are ready to start working on the placenta, place placenta in colander rinse under cold water, removing the blood clots. .
- Place placenta on cutting board and cut umbilical cord off. Take a knife and carefully cut off the outside layer of the skin of the placenta
- Once skin is off, cut, placenta into slices and chucks and put on dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate for 4-6 hours until placenta is very dry, like jerky.
- Put chucks of placenta in a food processor or coffee grinder and ground into powder.
- Once in powder form, fill empty capsules placenta powder.
- Viola! Here are your pills. There are usually between 150-200 sometimes more or less depending on size of placenta.
- The amount the woman should take depends on the women. I would start with 2 capsules/ 2 times per day and take more as needed.
Benefit of Placenta Capsules
– enhance milk supply
– increase your energy.
– Quicker recovery from birth
– Brings body back into balance
– Prevents postpartum depression
– Less postpartum bleeding
– Helps to heal tears or cuts
– Assist the uterus to return to size
– Increase postpartum iron levels
Women who take placenta capsules enjoy a faster, more pleasant postpartum recovery and report fewer emotional issues. Women, and their families, notice a noticeable improvement in overall feelings of happiness and well-being when taking placenta capsules. My clients often refer to their placenta capsules as “happy pills!”
The Placenta’s Healing Chemicals
– Gonadotrophin – the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone
– Prolactin – promotes lactation
– Oxytocin – for pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and
infant. In pharmaceutical form this is a very addictive drug because it promotes a feeling of
connectedness with others and is often referred to as the “love” hormone
– Interferon – stimulates the immune system to protect against infection
– Thyroid Stimulating Hormone – boosts energy and helps recover from stressful events
– Cortisone – combats stress and unlocks stores of energy
– Prostaglandins – anti-inflammatory
– Hemoglobin – replenishes iron deficiency and anemia
– Gammaglobulin – immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections
– Urokinase Inhibiting Factor & Factor XIII – stops bleeding and enhances wound healing