Here is a great article about the skin:
Many of the commercial body care products out there have loads of toxic chemicals in them. These chemicals inevitably go through your skin and into your body. I stopped using commercial body care products many years ago for this reason. However, organic body care products can be very expensive. When I lived in Costa Rica, I couldn’t find all natural body care products anywhere so I began to make my own. Instead of buying commercially produced toothpaste, I would mix baking soda, coconut oil and Himalayan pink salt or sea salt. When I use this combination my teeth feel cleaner and they are definitely whiter. These simple ingredients are easy to find and inexpensive and NON-TOXIC!
If you are planning on continuing to live a holistic life of wellness after this cleanse, I highly recommend you becoming aware of the products that you are letting soak into your body through your skin.
Also, here is my best morning body care routine straight from the kitchen : http://www.earthiemama.com/1/post/2013/11/body-care-from-your-kitchen.html
Breakfast: Oatmeal with berries
Lunch: Veggie Burger wrapped in lettuce
Dinner: Meatless Lettuce Wraps side of potato salad
Dessert: Banana Ice Cream
Meatless Lettuce Wrap
Ground Walnut Meat:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Braggs Amino Acids
- pinch of salt
- Romaine lettuce
- Avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1/4 cup water
To make walnut meat:
- Place all ingredients (walnuts, cumin, coriander, aminos and salt) into a food processor
- Process mixture into small pieces until it looks like ground meat.
To make cheese:
- Place garlic and salt in food processor, process into small pieces
- Add cashews and process until consistency is like a paste
- Add lemon juice , cilantro and water
- Continue to process until smooth texture
- Layer cheese mixture and meat down the inside one romaine leaf.
- Add salsa and avocado slices. Wrap and serve.
- Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil Potatoes until soft, drain and cool in refrigerator
- Chop celery, pickles, green onions
- Cube potatoes
- Mix veganaise and mustard
- Add remaining ingredients
- Add salt an pepper
Banana Ice Cream
Bananas are so high in potassium and rich in fiber that they are great for elimination.
- 3 Bananas
- 2 Tbsp agave
- 1 cup Almond milk, Rice Milk, Coconut Milk, etc
- 3 cups of ice
Place all ingredients in a blender and process for 60 seconds on high or until smooth.