Welcome to Day 6! We have gone through the 5 substances that I recommend removing from your diet for 21 days in order to detox the most sufficient way possible. Now, I want to bring into your awareness the different signs that you know your body is detoxing.
As you increase your intake of a plant-based diet and cut out certain foods, there are different ways you will feel as the toxins begin to leave the body. When you eliminate certain foods, or even just cut back, your body eliminates toxins. Your body will try and expel them in any way it can. Maybe from your liver and small intestine via bowel movements or through your skin’s pores. While you are detoxing, your body may feel icky, like you are under the weather as you have garbage traveling throughout your body working hard to escape. It is similar to cleaning out a dirty house for the first time. As you are cleaning out the dust, it is hard to breathe but as you continue to clean, you will will feel better and better.
Why is it important to Detox?
If you have been eating a processed diet for years, toxins have accumulating in your organs and now are most likely causing an imbalance in the body.
Symptoms may include:
- weight gain
- cloudy brain
- skin blemishes
- difficulty sleeping
- low energy
- stiff muscles
- sore joints
- digestive problems
We are exposed to chemicals and toxins just by breathing air. You might have accumulated toxins from pharmaceuticals, plastics, the water you drink, and certain foods you eat. Every time you detox you reach a new level of internal cleanliness like a car running on the cleanest fuels possible.
One of the of the first ways that you might feel is edgy as your body releases toxins into the bloodstream. You might only be thinking about the food that you cannot have. This is similar to a drug addict that cannot get their stash.This is withdrawl.
Other symptoms include:
- Skin breakouts
- Trouble sleeping
- Diarrhea or Constipation
- Low energy levels
- Stomach pains
- Flu-like symptoms
Benefits of Detox:
- Clearer skin
- Weight loss
- Regular Bowel Movements
- Mental Clarity
- More Energy
- Emotional Stability
- Cleansing Herbs
- Sweating it out in a Sauna
- Bentonite Clay
- Cilantro Chlorella and seaweeds
- High Fiber (like Psyllium husk)
- Drinking lots of water
- Detox Baths (removing toxins through the skin)
- Neti Pot
- Sea Salt Flush
- Coffee Enema
- Oil Pulling
Breakfast: Grapefruit and Protein Packed Energy Bites
Lunch: Cauliflower Fried Rice
Dinner: Detox Green Soup
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 3 cups cauliflower (grated or food precessed)
- 1/2 cup carrots (grated)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and/or corn
- 3-4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 sliced green onion
- 3 T cashews
- 1/2 T coconut oil
- 3 T of Amino or Coconut Acids
- garnish with sesame seeds
- 2 Eggs scrambled (optional)
- protein of choice (optional)
- In a large pan, saute garlic and onions in olive oil on a medium/high heat, until onions become soft and transparent. (about 2-3 minutes)
- Next add in peas, carrots and any other veggies and cook until carrots begin to soften and peas are heated through, about 3-4 minutes
- Next stir in cauliflower, protein, cashews and amino or coconut acids. Cook stirring frequently for about 5-7 more minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions
Detox Green Soup Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach leaves
- 2 ribs of celery, trimmed, chopped
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- fresh eater, as needed
- salt and pepper to taste.
- lemon juice
- Using a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat and stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger to season the oil.
- Add broccoli, spinach, celery, and parsley.
- Add just enough water to cover vegetables.
- Bring to a simmer, cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until veggies are softened.
- Use a blender to puree the soup
Serve with a spoonful of hot cooked rice in the center of the bowl.