PURIFYING THE BODY
During this cleanse one of the main goals is to help rid the body of environmental pollutants, heavy metals, pesticides, radiation, plastics, GMO foods etc. When these accumulate in the body this can leave us feeling tired. irritable, depressed, bloated, with excess weight. The onslaught of toxins being poured into our air, water and soil has undoubtedly effected our health. Now it is time to live a life of purifying the body.
Here are some ways to purify the body:
- Drink more purified water. Water is one of the most vital ways of self-purification. It helps every single cell get rid of waste and allows us to excrete toxins though our urine and bowels, as well as through our skin by sweating. Drinking water with lemon adds to the purification process and adds vitamin C to the body.
- Support your liver and gallbladder with Beetroot. Beets are a valuable source of iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium which all support detoxification and better toxin elimination.
- Bathe in Bentonite Clay because it is considered an excellent way to remove pesticides and heavy metals from the body. This is my Detox Bath Salts.
- Use Activated Charcoal as it binds to pesticides and other environmental toxins an then ushers them through the intestines to be purged from the body. You can also supplement with molasses after using activated charcoal to replace important minerals that the charcoal might take from the body in the process of ridding toxins.
- Eat more fiber. Fiber helps us to flush toxins through the digestive system. Fiber is found in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, potatoes, psyllium husk, etc.
- Eating Garlic helps to boost detoxification. In main ingredient in my Master Tonic.
- Milk Thistle is a great support for the liver. It helps the body to detox and has been known to reduce cancers, diabetes and digestive disorders.
- Chlorella. It helps to absorb toxins from the digestive tract and has vital trace minerals that can help the blood.
- Dandelion helps the body to detox due to the high levels of antioxidants and helps support liver digestion.
- Turmeric is a root full of curcumin which is used to treat liver disorders, digestive disorders and is great as an detoxing agent. Turmeric is known also for helping with depression.
- Cilantro is found to remove heavy metals from the body. It is inexpensive, abundant and does the job!
- Apple Cider Vinegar is the ultimate detox for almost every ailment in the body. It also helps the body with fatigue and losing weight.
- Flax Seed provides an excellent source of fiber that helps to bind and flush toxins from the intestinal tract. They also have a high level of Omega 3’s
- Pumpkin Seeds are not only good for you but they also kill parasites.
- Exercise is vital for keeping impurities flowing out of the body.
- Steam Rooms or Saunas help us sweat out toxins through our skin.
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
- Skin Brushing The skin is the largest organ in the body. The skin is responsible for 10-15% of the body’s elimination. Skin brush to eliminate dead cells and let body regenerate new cells. It helps stimulate blood circulation and the lymphatic system.
- Get plenty of sleep sleeping causes the body to go into a state of cleansing and regeneration.
Have you heard of the detox method: Coffee Enema?
A coffee enema is a good way to cleanse toxins out of the gall bladder and empty your colon of feces. Caffeine in the coffee is absorbed into the body through the anus. These chemicals relax muscles, stimulate the bowels, and cause bile ducts and blood vessels to open.
This might sound gross to you but this is an excellent way to detox the colon. The colon is part of the large intestine, the final part of the digestive system. Its function is to reabsorb fluids and process waste products from the body and prepare for its elimination.
You will need:
- A large stainless steel cooking pot
- Organic coffee fully caffeinated, drip grind coffee
- Uncontaminated water
- Put a little over 1 quart of clean water in a pan and bring to boil. Add 2 flat Tablespoons of coffee.
- Let Boil for 5 minutes then turn stove off, leaving the pan on the hot burner.
- Allow to cool down to a comfortable temperature.
- Carry your pot and an old towel on the floor. You might want a pillow too
- FIll the syringe with the coffee.
- Lie on back or right side.
- Lubricate the anus. Insert syringe and slowly squeeze the bulb into the rectum.
- Try to retain the enema for a minimum of 12 minutes.
- Repeat the enema after you void.
Breakfast: Gluten-free waffles topped with vegan butter and drizzled with agave and berries
Lunch: Kale Salad
Dinner: Shredded spaghetti squash and mashed potatoes
- 1 bunch of Kale, chopped
- A handful of chopped almonds
- Golden Raisins
- Cucumbers, sliced
- A light dressing – olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper
Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Cut squash lengthwise
- Use a fork to the shred the inside
- Toss with Olive oil and salt or pasta sauce
- Add sauteed tofu on the side (optional)