- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 medium potato
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 spring parsley and any other herbs of your choice
- Salt and Pepper
- You can also add any other veggies you have in your refrigerator like squash, asparagus, zucchini, leeks, parsnips,etc.
- In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in oil. Add carrots and celery and other veggies. Once onions are clear add a gallon of water.
- Bring to boil
- Reduce to a simmer for a couple of hours
Detox Green Soup
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach leaves
- 2 ribs of celery, trimmed, chopped
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- fresh water, as needed
- salt and pepper to taste.
- lemon juice
- Using a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat and stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger to season the oil.
- Add broccoli, spinach, celery, and parsley.
- Add just enough water to cover vegetables.
- Bring to a simmer, cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until veggies are softened.
- Use a blender to puree the soup
Thai Coconut Lemongrass Soup
- 11/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk
- 1T of coconut oil
- 1 T sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 T fresh ginger chopped
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- small handful of thai basil
- juice from one lime
- 1/2 cup red peppers chopped
- 2 small red chile peppers, minced
- Heat the coconut and sesame oils up in a pot.
- Saute garlic onion, ginger, celery, mushrooms about 4-6 minutes
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, chili peppers and lemongrass stalk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer
- Add Basil, lime and red peppers and serve
- 1 T Olive oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2-4 cloves of Garlic chopped
- 2 Carrots diced
- 1 Celery stalk diced
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1-28 oz of crushed tomatoes
- 4 oz. Green Beans cut into one inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh Spinach
- 1 Can White Beans
- 1 Cup of Gluten-Free elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup dried Oregano
- In a large pot add the olive oil, onion, garlic, carrots and celery
- Cook until the veggies have softened, about 5 minutes
- Add all remaining ingredients except the pasta and bring to boil.
- Add pasta and salt/pepper to taste. Serve once pasta is soft.
Vietnamese Vegetable Pho
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- 4 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 T Aminos, Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 6 ounces rice noodles or ramen noodles
- 1 T avocado oil, grape seed oil or coconut oil
- 5 ounces thinly sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1 stick celery sliced
- A handful of Bok choy
You can add broccoli, carrots, baby corn, water chestnuts, etc. You can also add a protein (tofu, chicken, steak, shrimp, etc.)
- Mung Bean Sprouts
- Sriggs of mint
- Thinly sliced green onions
- sprigs of fresh mint
- thinly sliced jalapeno
- slice of lime
- Warm a medium soup pot over medium heat. Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise and toast until fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the onion, ginger, vegetable stock, water and aminos or alternative.
- Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes to give the flavors time to meld.
- While that is simmering, prepare your rice noodles by cooking them according to package directions. Set them aside.
- In a medium skillet, warm the oil and add the mushrooms and other veggies. A few dashes of salt. Cook until the veggies are tender and lightly browned, about 4 to 6 minutes, then set them aside.
- Once the broth is done cooking, strain out the the onions, ginger and spices Season it to taste.
- Pour broth in to bowls, add cooked noodles and veggies, and fresh garnishes. As much as you would like. Squeeze the lime and serve immediately
(this is a great recipe to start in the morning and let it sit in a crock pot all day until dinner, then lots of leftovers)
- 2 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups of beans ( black, white, red kidney, etc)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or grape seed oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped,
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put oil in crockpot
- Place garlic and onions stir for a couple of minutes as crock pot warms up
- Throw in all other ingredients
- Set Crock Pot for 6-8 hours
If you want to make it fast than do the same but put it in a pot on the stove on medium heat.