The fires are raging through the west coast of the US. Over 500,000 people have been evacuated in Oregon. There have been many homes destroyed. Some of the most beautiful places I love to go burnt to the ground, animals lost and human fatalities are on the rise. Although where I live we are currently not in immediate danger of any of the current fires, we are getting bombarded with smoke filling our skies with extremely hazardous conditions.
The conditions are so bad that many business have closed until further notice. So those of you that are stuck inside trying to stay away from the smoke impacting your health, beside making sure you stay inside and close all windows and doors, there are other ways to clear the smoke inside your home.
Ways to clear the smoke inside your home
- Air Purifier : If you have an air purifier, turn it on. Air purifiers can be expensive but I found one that is affordable, medical grade and cleans the air well. Here is a link to read more about this air purifier.
- Pot of Water: Either using a crock pot or a pot on a stove, fill with water, add a cup of baking soda, and herbs. The smoke particles attaches to the steam. The herbs release lung cleansing. properties and make the air smell good. The baking soda absorbs the odor. Herbs to use: sage, thyme, eucalyptus, rosemary, lavender, mint, oregano, mullein, nettle leaf, licorice root, cinnamon, cloves and more. Lemon and Orange Peels are great thrown in the pot of water too!
- Use exhaust fans in your bathrooms, kitchen, etc. This will help suck up the smoke initially but shouldn’t be used all the time.
- Use water diffusers to clear the air Make sure you use 100% essential oils. We place these in everyones room using essential oils like eucalyptus to help us breathe when we sleep. Click Here to order a diffuser.
- (Be careful about which essential oils. to use around your pets. Some are toxic to pets, so do your research before).
- DIY Air Purifier: Using a box fan and a
- “>Click Here
- There might be other ways to clear smoke out of the house. If you know of any that I missed comment below.
I hope you are breathing clean air!
Sending prayers to all the people and animals impacted by the fires