Collard Green Wraps
- 1 bundle of collard greens (pick the largest leaves you can find)
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 english cucumber, julienned
- 1 package of hummus (about 10 ounces), or homemade hummus.
- 1 package of extra firm tofu (Optional)
- handful of alfalfa sprouts
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- Amino acids or tamari
- Make the tahini dipping sauce by combining the tahini, garlic, lemon and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add a tablespoon of water and blend, keep adding a tablespoon of water at a time until the sauce is runny but still thick. Season to taste.
- If you are making tofu, drain the tofu on paper towels and gently pressing the tofu to dry it out as much as possible. Let the tofu rest on layers of paper towels for 1/2 hour. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut in into thick 1/2 inch sticks and continue to pat the sticks to get rid of excess moisture and pour some grapeseed oil (or other neutral oil) on a baking sheet. Place the tofu sticks on the baking sheet and pour a little more oil and turn the tofu so that they’re coat lightly in oil. Drizzle a good amount of Braggs amino acids or tamari over the tofu and turn so that the tofu is coated. Sprinkle the sticks with just a little more salt. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the tofu begins to brown and get crispy around the edges.
- Run the collard greens under boiling water. Pat leaves dry.
- Run a pairing knife along the sides of the stem, removing the white stem. Be careful not to cut the collard green all the way in half.
- Flip the collard green leaf so that the dull side is facing up.
- Spread hummus down the collard green on both sides of the cut and then place a small handful of the quinoa, carrots, cucumbers, avocado, alfalfa sprouts and cabbage in a short row across the middle of the leaf (lay them across where the stem was). Add a stick of tofu. Roll the collard green up like a burrito folding the edges in and then rolling the green up. If the leaf is too small you can just roll them up without folding in the sides. Cut the roll down the middle along where the leaf is already split.
- **Serve with the garlic tahini sauce or the nut sauce that is in the sauce section