During the past year and a half, the Coronavirus has consumed all of our lives and unfortunately it seems far from over. It is apparent that the new variants which continue to develop are impacting those who are vaccinated and unvaccinated. Where I live, people are coming down with the virus and it has come closer and closer to home. In fact, the virus came into my home. We were able to work through it quickly and I feel compelled to share my story in the hopes it will bring you a feeling of positivity that if the virus comes through your house you can fight it too.
My 15 year old daughter brought Covid-19 into our home. She and her friends all got it, unintentionally passing it around to one another. On a Monday, my daughter felt very tired after a day at the river but not sick. When she woke up Tuesday she was feeling pretty sick. She felt like weights were lying on her legs and increasingly tired. This is when I gave her a rapid test and in 15 minutes it was positive. We tried our best to isolate her away from everyone else but I was still serving her food and drinks, taking her temperature and giving her supplements. No gloves, no mask.
Before my daughter tested positive for Covid-19, I had heard that many people were coming down with Covid where I live so I began to ramp up my immune boosting tools. I have spent many years learning about the immune system and the different things in nature that help to boost the immune system. I want to share with you how we conquered Covid in our home. The tools we used contributed to my daughter healing from the virus in 3 days and none of the rest of us (my 2 daughters, my husband nor I) came down with this “highly contagious” virus.
Boost Your Immune System and Fight Covid Using These Tools
Every morning started with a freshly squeezed lemon in water. I would drink lemon water all day long, but drinking lemon water upon waking has many added benefits:
- High in vitamin C, a primary antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals. You’ve probably heard that vitamin C may help prevent or limit the duration of an illness.
- Helps get your digestive system moving
- Helps maintain the pH balance in the body.
- Cleanse internal waste and toxins from the body.
- Lots of Veggies and Fruits. Fermented Foods like Sauerkraut for gut health (Your gut directly impacts your immune system)
- I cut out sugar (suppresses the immune system), coffee (causes dehydration, depletes vitamin C) and dairy (mucus building)
- Bone Broth ~ I drank Bone Broth daily or added it to my soup base or when I would cook brown rice. I make a bone broth weekly with medicinal root vegetables such as garlic, onions, turmeric, sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, burdock root and ginger. I then add in my home grown medicinal herbs such as Sage, Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano, Parsley all of which are anti-viral among many other benefits. Here is a recipe for make some yourself.
- Kombucha daily ~ Kombucha can help fight off infections. It has acetic acid which has anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties. The probiotics helps improve gut health and immune function. To learn more about Kombucha Click HERE.
- Drink water. Lots and lots of water all day long.
I created capsules with the following ingredients all from the Earth:
We took these every day. When my daughter was on her second day of Covid and not feeling great, we would take them twice a day.
- Neem Leaf powder ~ similar to Ivermectin, it is anti-viral and anti parasitic. Studies have shown that Neem is powerful at preventing Covid-19 as well as lessening the symptoms when they arise.
- Hemp Seed Powder ~ High in Zinc and Magnesium which helps prevent and lessen the symptoms of Covid-19. Also high in Omegas and protein.
- Vitamin C powder ~ Helps to boost the immune system to fight off illness.
- Activated Charcoal ~ Absorbs toxins in the gut and gets rid of them
- Bentonite Clay ~ Helps attract toxins and heavy metals and expel them. Some animal studies show bentonite might boost good bacteria in the gut. This helps with taking in nutrients.
- Fulvic Acid ~ Helps lower inflammation and fights oxidative stress. High in plant-derived minerals and anti-oxidants. It is anti-viral and a strong immune booster.
Master Tonic ~ Apple Cider Vinegar based tonic with raw garlic, onions, ginger, horseradish, habanero peppers and turmeric. I swear by this immune boosting creation. It is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-parasitic and much more which you can LEARN HERE.
Immune Support ~ Immune Support Tonic I originally created for my children, because it has a sweet taste. I also drink it as it is full of immune boosting, anti-viral herbs such as Elderberry, Echinacea, Rooibos, Rosemary, Ginger, Cinnamon, Astragalus and Cloves.
Silver pH Balanced Alkaline Structured Water ~ Anti-viral and microbial properties that help to fight off viruses while boosting your immune system and balancing out the body’s pH to a state where disease does not like to exist in. Supports healthy digestion while naturally cleansing the gut. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Sit in the sun and absorb at least 15 minutes of sunshine a day to make sure Vitamin D levels are adequate for a strong immune system. Vitamin D helps prevent many diseases.
Heat has a long traditional history of use in the prevention and treatment of viruses. We are fortunate to have an infared sauna which I would go in until I was sweating (about 40 minutes). I also spent every night soaking in our hot tub. If you don’t have either of those, taking a hot bath or hot shower is great too. Heat helps the boDy Detox. For other WAYS TO DETOX CLICK HERE
Positive Mind Set
There is a lot of fear surrounding Covid and getting sick in general. While I can understand why some have fear, I can also attest from my own experience that having fear does not do anything positive for your mental health. Telling yourself I am healthy! I have a strong immune system that can fight and protect me from any illness! I will conquer Covid! If you think, feel or say positive affirmations to yourself that is what you will attract.
Sleep plays a big role in the immune system. Studies have shown that sleep is important for bodily rest as certain components of the immune system rev up. At least 7-9 hours of sleep to keep our immune systems strong
I hope this blog has helped you learn that you can build a strong immune system and conquer Covid-19. I am not in any way trying to minimize the loved ones that many people have lost. My intention is to bring in a different conversation moving away from the focus of fear. Instead to bring the spotlight on the importance of a healthy immune system and the confidence that just like Covid came through my house and we beat it, so can you!