I am a huge fan of Kombucha. I have been drinking and brewing my own Kombucha for over 10 years now. I attribute drinking this fermented tea on a daily basis to many health benefits I have experienced. (Click HERE to read more about the benefits )
If you are interested in making Kombucha yourself Click HERE for the recipe. Once you have become hooked on Kombucha you can experiment by combining it with ingredients to make all sorts of fun drinks! Here is a recipe for a Kombucha Mojito. It is a sparkling, refreshing and healing, non-alcoholic beverage. YUM!
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup Mint, chopped
- 3 T of Coconut Sugar/ 3 drops Stevia or your choice of natural sweetener
- 1 T Vanilla
- 2 cups Kombucha
- 1/4 cup Sparkling Water
- Crush the mint, lemon juice, lemon zest and sweetener together to release the flavors.
- Add the kombucha and sparkling water and stir.
- Strain and pour into 2 glasses that have been filled with ice.
- Add Vanilla and garnish with fresh mint.
Let me know if you make it and how you like it! It is a great drink to make when you are trying to abstain from alcohol.