This delicious soup is closely based off the thai soup, Tom Kha Gai. This soup is overflowing with super foods and nutrients with the coconut milk, lemongrass, vegetable broth, shitake mushrooms and other vegetables. This soup warms the soul while healing the body.
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk
- 1T of coconut oil
- 1 T sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 T fresh ginger chopped
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- small handful of thai basil
- juice from one lime
- 1/2 cup red peppers chopped
- 2 small red chile peppers, minced
- Heat the coconut and sesame oils up in a pot.
- Saute garlic onion, ginger, celery, mushrooms about 4-6 minutes
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, chili peppers and lemongrass stalk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer
- Add Basil, lime and red peppers and serve