Anyone that has spent any length of time with me knows that I love coconut oil and I use it for everything! Here is a short list of some of the ways you can incorporate the use of coconut oil in your daily life., just like I do. If you are going to go out and buy some coconut oil, please make sure that it is organic virgin coconut oil. Here are my tops 10 uses for Coconut Oil and why to start using coconut oil today.
Why to start using coconut oil:
1. Cooking: Coconut oil is the best oil to use in cooking. It has a high smoking point which makes it less toxic than other oils when heated to a high temperature. It can be used to make stir fries or baking. I use it in everything that calls for oil.
2. Skin lotion: I use coconut oil as a face and body moisturizer. Helps with cracked heals and dry skin.
3. Suncreen: Coconut oil has a natural SPF of 4. Here is a recipe for sunscreen with coconut oil.
4. Yeast Infections: When you put on topically it helps to kill yeast.
5. Massage Oil: A soothing oil that penetrates into your muscles while leaving your skin soft.
6. Cold and Flu: Rub coconut oil inside your nose when you have a cold, allergies or irritated nose. Swallow a Tablespoon with honey to soothe a sore throat.
7. Chapped Lips: Rubbed on your lips as a natural chapstick.
8. Deep Hair Moisturizer: Rub into hair, cover with a shower cap and leave on for hours.
9. Smoothies: Add a Tablespoon to smoothies for energy and brain booster.
10. Mouth Care: Brush your teeth with a bit of coconut oil and baking soda for sparkling white teeth. Use for Oil Pulling. Oil Pulling cleans and detoxifies teeth and gums by removing harmful bacteria. Swish a bit of coconut oil gently in your mouth for about 15 minutes. Spit. Then brush your teeth. Click here to learn more about Oil Pulling.
I hope after reading this list, you are convinced that adding coconut oil into your daily life is extremely beneficial. It helps with blood sugar balance, weight loss, boosts immune system, helps with depression, evidence that it helps prevent and reverse Alzheimers, boosts energy levels, helps with female issues like UTIs and yeast infections and is a natural lubricant. There are so many benefits I could make a list of 100 but for now these are the top 10 uses that I have come up with of why to include Coconut Oil into your daily routine. You will not be disappointed and I can assure you that you will look and feel better! And don’t forgot to by organic virgin coconut oil like this one.
Cheers to your health!
(Aka Earthie Mama)