Tomatoes are high in lycopene. The lycopene and antioxidants helps protect the skin from UV light damage while keeping signs of aging at bay.
2. Builds strong bones
Tomatoes have high levels of calcium and vitamin K which are both good for repairing and strengthening bones. Lycopene has been shown to improve bone mass which makes it a good food for fighting osteoporosis.
3. Prevents cancer
A number of studies have been done now finding that tomatoes with their high levels of lycopene reduces the chances of getting different cancers such as breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate and stomach cancers. Lycopene is a natural antioxidant that works to slow the rate of growth of cancerous cells. Cancer occurs when there is oxidative stress and inflammation. Tomatoes proved the body with antioxidants and anti=inflammatory support.
4. Promotes Sleep
Adding tomatoes to your diet should not only help you sleep better, Getting better sleep will also improve all areas of your life.
5. Improves vision
Tomatoes are high in vitamin A which is also important for good vision.
6. Weight loss
They are low in calories, dense with nutrients and high in energy. They are high in water content so they help curb your appetite. Tomatoes also helps with constipation with their high fiber and water content.
7. Prostate protector
Studies have shown that prostate tumors grew much more slowly in rats that were fed tomatoes.
8. Lowers blood sugar levels
Tomatoes are good for hearth health. They are effective and reducing cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure with their high levels of vitamin B, folate, niacin and potassium. Including tomatoes in the diet lowers the risk of heart attacks and other heart problems.
9. Reduces damage from smoking
Tomatoes can reduce the damage caused by smoking. Tomatoes contain coumaric acid and chlorogenic acid that work to protect the body from carcinogens that are produced from cigarette smoke.
10. Keeps immune system strong
Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C which helps to boost the immune system.
- Cut core and seeds out of tomatoes
- Boil tomatoes with onions until peel comes off easily, drain and cool with ice.
- Take the skin off of the tomatoes and put in blender with onions and add apple cider vinegar and a sweetener. (Coconut Sugar, Organic Cane Sugar, Honey, Agave, Stevia, or Maple Syrup) and add other spices that you wish. Add himalayan salt to taste
- Pour in crock pot for 6 hours until consistency is like ketchup.
- Pour in glass jar.