1. Pomegranates are one of the best cancer fighting fruits because they are full of antioxidants. They contribute to the prevention of breast cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer.
2. Pomegranates are great for dental hygiene. They have high antibacterial effects. Pomegranates have been found to be a very good mouthwash, ridding the mouth of plaque, the bacteria that causes cavities.
3. The rind of the fruit and the bark of the tree are used as a remedy against diarrhea and intestinal parasites.
4. Pomegranates can be used as eye drops and are believed to block cataracts.
5. They regulate cholesterol
6. They can help with arthritis. Pomegranates have anti-inflammatory effects.
7. Pomegranates are a good source of fiber.
8. Pomegranates protect your skin because they are full of antioxidants. They help limit damage from UV rays. They protect your skin from aging. They help repair scrapes and cuts.
9. They can help with Weight Loss. They are very low in calories.
10. Pomegranates help keep the immune system strong. They are high in Vitamin C and K.
*To cut pomegranate with the least amount of mess. Cut pomegranate into chunks and place in a bowl of water. Break seeds free.
Here is a yummy recipe for a perfect salad for the Autumn Season.
Autumn Pomegranate Pear Salad
5 ounces spinach leaves
3/4 cup finely shredded radicchio
1/2 cup of Pompegranate Seeds
1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
1 Large Pear
For the dressing:
3/4 cup Pomegranate Juice
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
1/4 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves
1/8 ground pepper
1. In a salad bowl, gently mix spinach, radicchio, pomegranate seeds and hazlenuts.
2. In a small sauce pan, boil pomegranate juice about 5-6 minutes. Let cool. Wisk in lemon, oil salt, thyme, and pepper.
3. Pour dressing onto salad
4. Core pear and cut into thin slices. Place pears on salad.