Most body care products that you purchase from the store are full of chemicals and made by scientists in lab coats and face masks. They often don’t even clean your skin, body or hair properly. Products that are natural and organic are always a better alternative, but they can be expensive. Instead of spending a lot money, I have found the perfect combination of inexpensive ingredients that you most likely have in your kitchen right now. They will give you the cleanest teeth, hair and skin possible. Here are ways you will find body care in your kitchen.
Ingredients for body care from your kitchen:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Coconut Oil
- Baking Soda
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Oil Pulling: Take a Tablespoon of Coconut Oil and put it in your mouth. If it was hard it will liquify. Keep it in your mouth for about 20 minutes. Swirl around but never spit in a sink or toilet only in the trash or outside. Click on link for more info on Oil Pulling.
Coconut Oil should be a staple at home. It is so incredible for you with its anti-biotic, anti-inflammatory and anti viral properties. It can be used all over the body, a tablespoon for constipation, for cooking, for oil pulling, deep conditioning, etc.
- Take a Tablespoon of Coconut Oil and a Tablespoon of Baking Powder and mix into a paste. (you can add peppermint or other essential oils)
- Place your tooth brush in the mixture and start brushing.
- Leaves your teeth clean and whiter
(It’s best to use Baking Soda that is aluminum free)
If you want to take your mouth care a step further, rinse your mouth out with Hydrogen Peroxide for a Deep cleansing mouth wash and also makes a great ear pain reliever!
Hydrogen Peroxide kills bacteria in the throat, in the gums and on the tongue.
- Spread Honey all over the face and let sit for 20 minutes for a Sweet facial mask!
- You can also add some Himalayan rock salts and/or baking soda to a teaspoon of honey and use as gently face rub.
The Honey binds to the toxins and black heads and pulls them out and also tightens the skin.
- After rinsing the honey off of your face, use Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe Vera or Witch Hazel as a toner.
- Use a little dab of Coconut Oil as a lotion.
- Surprisingly, Baking Soda is a great Hair Shampoo. Mix a hand full of powder and add a bit of water. Massage it in your hair and on your scalp.
- If you want a perfect cheap alternative to expensive hair conditioners, look no further than apple cider vinegar.
- After washing your hair, take a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar and fill the cap. Pour capfuls onto the roots of your hair and let it drip down the rest of the hair. Keep your eyes closed, because it is quite acidic, but if you want to, you can massage some into your face. It is great for the skin too!
- Let it sit in your hair for a minute or two and then rinse. Once your hair dries, you’ll notice how soft and clean your hair feels!
- Slowly heat Oil till warm, NOT HOT. (Olive, Jojoba, Almond, Coconut) and pour warm oil on the roots and hair. Put hair up and let sit for 30 mins. Rinse
Helps with hair growth and conditions the hair.
- Baking Soda is a great scrub for the entire body. Take some in the palm of your hand and massage it into the skin. Leaves your skin feeling soft and tight.
In gratitude and service,
P.S. Let me know how this cleaning routine works for you in the comments below.