- Formaldehyde: Found in, nail products, eyelash glue, hair gel, hair-smoothing products, baby shampoo, body soap, color cosmetics. Formaldehyde is a preservative. It is a internationally classified carcinogen (cancer causing).
- Aluminum: Found in many deodorants. Aluminum is being studied as a potential cause for breast cancer when used in as an antiperspirant agent in deodorants.
- Parabens: The most common are methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, and butylparaben are chemicals commonly used as preservatives in many cosmetic products, including makeup, moisturizers, hair care products, and shaving creams/gels. Parabens can penetrate the skin and act like a very weak estrogen in the body and spur the growth of breast cancer cells.
- Lead: This heavy metal was found in more than 60% of lipsticks (according to FDA). According to the American Cancer Society, several studies in lab animals have found that exposure to lead compounds (by swallowing or other means) can cause cancer. Kidney tumors have been linked with lead most strongly, but tumors of the brain, lung, and some other organs have also been linked to lead in different studies.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate: In toothpaste, shampoo and hand soap it is a cleansing and emulsifying agent. It has been linked to many health problems including cancer.
- Fragrance: Fragrance is found in most personal body care products and has been connected to allergic reactions, skin irritations, cancer and reproductive toxicity.
There are natural and organic products out there made without toxins. If you are inclined you can make body care products in your home with very simple and natural ingredients, many that you can find in your kitchen.
A combination of garlic, onion, hot peppers, horseradish, ginger, turmeric and apple cider vinegar, forms a nutritional, high potency tonic I call The Master Tonic. Promoting healthy immune function, digestion and longevity, the ingredients in this potent natural “cure-all” tonic support natural immunity and help with many different health conditions. Best of all, they have the scientifically proven ability to prevent and reduce cancerous cell growth, without the dangerous effects of chemotherapy. READ MORE