Ingredients include Neomycin Sulfate Polymxin B, Bacitracin Zinc, Pramoxine and more all mixed in petroleum jelly. There are many side effects associated with these ingredients such as allergic reactions, muscle twitching, convulsions, hearing loss, fetal harm, rashes, hives, tightness in the chest, and the list goes on. Neosporin costs about $10 an ounce with all of these unknown ingredients in it. Yet Mother Nature provides us with a bounty of ingredients that are just as healing and beneficial without the side effects. Should there be a breakdown in basic civil services, for whatever reason, you should know how to make an all natural, yet potent, topical antibacterial solution.
- 1/2 c. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. almond oil, grapeseed oil, or olive oil
- 1/2 c. healing herbs of your choice (chamomile, calendula, comfrey, lavender, plantain leaves)
- 4 Tbsp beeswax
- 2 tsp witch hazel
- 15 drops lavender or tea tree essential oils (optional)
- Put herbs in a glass jar and pour oil over herbs. Make sure they are submerged.
- Put glass jar into a saucepan half filled with water. Heat on low heat for 30 minutes. Stir often.
- Strain the herbs from the oil with a coffee filter, cheesecloth, t-shirt, etc.
- Place strained oil in the jar back into the saucepan with water.
- Add the beeswax. Stir well.
- Take off the heat once it is fully melted
- Add witch hazel and mix
- Once cooled, put into a container of choice.
* Apply to scrapes, cuts, burns, diaper rash, dry skin, athlete’s foot, etc.
** This ointment should be kept in a cool, dark place. Good for up to a year.
Feel free to write me with any questions or comments down below or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheers to health!
XO Alex aka Earthie Mama